Temptation got the best of me

So I finally did it today. I finally caved in to the evil lure of technology. I’ve given up on the cell phone. I don’t call anyone anyways. I gave up on a new computer. Decided to run Disk Utility and it is working better. I’m still drooling over Aperture, but I needed to start by getting a new camera. The Nikon D70s and some extra little toys. It works great! The quality of the pictures is amazing. Now I just need to learn to take photos. If you happen to know how to get my dog’s eyes from turning green, I could use the advice. =)

Advertisements

7 responses to this post.

1. Posted by Anonymous on November 11, 2005 at 3:27 pm

Yay! Kelly got a new toy!H.

2. Posted by Anonymous on November 11, 2005 at 4:04 pm

K-You’ve got the dog equivalent of “red-eye”. Try turning red-eye reduction on. The camera will then preflash before taking the picture.You could try cranking up the ISO and using more ambient light. Even better, get a dedicated flash for the D70. The farther the flash is away from the optical axis of the camera, the less chance there is for red eye.-paco el muchacho de la cabaña

3. Posted by Kevin Keenan on November 11, 2005 at 6:02 pm

Photoshop! ;)

4. Posted by Ryan Stone on November 11, 2005 at 6:08 pm

maybe you could buy an ibm pc then spend hours searching the internet for dog green-eye reduction software. Or maybe just get the camera more than 3 inches away from your dogs face?

5. I just got the Nikon D50:) I’m taking a class at Ritz if you want to join me.

6. Posted by Kevin Keenan on November 12, 2005 at 2:14 pm

But instead you have a Mac and Apple determined through many studies that 90% of people do not need to remove ‘doggie green eye’ so they don’t feel it is worth making possible on a Mac! ;)

7. Posted by iDad on November 13, 2005 at 11:53 pm

Maybe you could check with PaulSimon.com…I think he switched to digital from kodachrome…